Hospitalist Jobs in Wisconsin
Monday · July 15, 2019
1 Job in America's Dairyland
Photo: The Historic Bascom Hall of the University of Wisconsin.
This hospitalist job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent hospitalist job (Milwaukee) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Admissions: Average between 8-14 admissions per night shared between both hospitalists at the main facility and 6-8 admissions at the sister site.
- Staffing Model: Currently Physician-only but they are migrating to a model where APP's will be integrated.
- EMR System: Cerner.
- Locum Rate: $170/hr.
- Trauma Level: Unclassified at both sites.
- Shift Times: 12 hours (7a-7p, 7p-7a).
- Backup is provided by ED and anesthesia.
- Procedures: No procedures are required.
- Smart is seeking BC, IM or FP physicians with multiple years of hospitalist experience to provide quality, long-term locum coverage between multiple facilities in the Greater Milwaukee Area.
- Other hospitalist covers with support from intensivist at sister site.
- ICU: ICU at main is closed with 24/7 support by the intensivist team.
- Facility Beds: 510 beds main.
- 7a-7p) or $180/hr.
- 7p-7a) - paid by Smart.
- Patient Encounters: 15-17 per day, 2 hospitalists cross cover 8-day teams patients.
- Plus paid travel, lodging, and malpractice insurance with tail coverage.
- Sub-specialty support: All subspecialty support at the main campus, Sister site has most except Neuro Surgery.
- Codes: Handled by the rapid team and ICU attending at main, hospitalist and rapid team run code at the sister site.
- Credentialing Timeframe: 45-75 days dependent on response time and number of prior locations.
- If you have any interest in this opportunity.
This perm job from Smart Physician Recruiting was last open on Feb 25.